Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fiance

Then..

Now..

Fiance. What an odd word. As a little girl you never play "engaged." You play house, you play worker woman, you play mom and sometimes you even play girlfriend. How do I train for such a thing as fiance?

Its a pretty fun game. I have this really pretty ring, the most beautiful I have ever seen. I wear it everyday, it goes with every outfit! Oh wait. This is real life.

So soon I will be Amy the wife? WHAT!? Thats insane. Here I am, at home, I've said my goodnights and goodbyes to my love, put the bridal magazines down, exited the websites of "How to Have a Fabulous Wedding", announcement examples, and cruislines in which to spend the honeymoon, and now I'm alone with my thoughts and frankly I get a bit nervous at the thought of being married. Actually, scratch that. Being married isnt nerve wrecking, I guess its being a wife? Amy the wife. (Same thing? No.. different. )I guess I see it as some 1950's cliche. Dinner on the table as he walks through the door. The house must be spotless, and the children perfect. Basically, none of those things will be happening. Tim& I will take it one step at a time and figure it out, because when I'm with him nothing else really matters but being with him and keeping each other happy. So we will eat whatever is made, whenever its made. We will clean together... maybe. When we feel like it. And the kids.. well.. haha Lets just figure that out muuuch later as we go. Tim& I will always be those sixteen year old kids that fell in love over laughter, and fun times. How wonderful is it that I get to spend forever and ever with my highschool sweetheart? The only boy I've ever loved.

2 comments:

  1. L.O.V.E. THIS! You're an awesome writer. Very fun. Love you two. Marriage is fun! Every day is an adventure with your best friend. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!! amy the fiance (soon to be wife) has a blog!!!! all we're missing is nicole's blog. 5 bucks says you're going to be one of those who blogs once a month...please prove me wrong :)

    ReplyDelete