Sunday, April 10, 2011

Suzie, wait no.. Amy Homemaker!

WHO?
I suppose I have grown up being the motherly type, watching after all these boys of course, but who knew I would be the next Martha Stewart. (negative on the crime part)

I Amy Lee Berry(whoops) VanCapelle love to cook, clean, organize, bake, shop and care for my husband. Lets not forget I keep him in line, I work two jobs, and do all my school work.

I take pride in looking in the cook books, cutting coupons and keeping the house clean.
Funny Story
Last week I had the day off of work so I wanted to make something little complicated that I knew Tim would enjoy. So I searched my cook books and found a delectable pot roast recipe, I made my shopping list and took off.

Side Story:
I've only ever had a pot roast as a little girl at my grandparents house, I know nothing about them or even what type of meat I need.

So at the grocery store I ask the butcher where the pot roast is (?) he points me in a general meat direction. Meat is expensive! And huge for a family of two! So I picked the smallest which in turn is the cheapest, package that had the word roast on it :) good to go!

At home I start it in the crockpot, seasoning to perfection! I chopped all the veggies and seasoned them knowing they were going to be delicious. I let them cook for a little while, as I started on dessert. Graham cracker filled pie tin with 1 layer)whipped cream,2) fresh fruit, 3)vanilla pudding, topped with more whipped cream and fresh fruit. PERFECT


As the meat is cooking its staying really pink, I start on the rolls HAND KNEADING the dough, setting aside to rise.


Roast-still pink.. hmm..


Rolls go in, Husband comes home.


>Roast.. STILL PINK?!


hmm. FHE first, dinner after.


After: ROAST STILL PINK?!

Husband hungry/ Wife Frustrated.


Husband: Its ok honey, let just eat it! I like it that way!


ok...


Turns out..


IT WAS CORNED BEEF.



Way to go Martha Stewart. looks like my career is OVER.


Hahaha, oh well. I'm new here.




3 comments: